Thursday, September 20, 2007

Just added to Amazon Wish List...

I hadn't heard of the phenomenon of book trailers until a couple days ago, and only then thanks to Doppelganger at one of my favorite blogs, 50 Books. Only just now did I discover what may be the best book trailer -- nay, the best advertisement -- ever.



I can't decide what I love most about this. The fact that the book is called a "new erotic vision"? Sephera Giron's (does she have accents in her name or not? The ad hedges its bets) vampire-dominatrix outfit? The terrible abuses of English? ("Groveling the streets of London"; "Giving moments of flesh to hungry men"; "pleasure her every need.") The FunCam pictures obviously taken during someone's house party, randomly interspersed with famous paintings? The dramatic classical music? The cheap Helvetica text? The angry, angry tiger? Bird lady with the giant boobs?

The ad is so unbelievably cheap that I dearly hope whatever unpaid intern made it on PowerPoint was fired from London. Nevertheless, I am intrigued.

Dance with your gypsies, Hester! Dance away!

No comments:

Post a Comment