Sunday, September 16, 2007

Broken back + sweatlodge + future ghost = Emmy

Many many congratulations to Terry O'Quinn, recipient of the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor In The Best Dramatic Series On TV Who Is Not Michael Emerson. If you'll forgive me for blowing my own trumpet, I called it the moment I saw this scene (beware, season three Lost spoilers for those who have yet to catch up):



Actually, I think there's more chance he won it for this. More tragedy and nuance, less prairie dog.



That scene freaked me out and broke my heart. I've been a fan since seeing the soon to be remade Stepfather, and have been thrilled to see him popping up to enliven Alias and The X-Files, so some recognition (not counting his Saturn Award and Screen Actors Guild group award) is to be celebrated.

Also, congratulations to Tina Fey and the cast and crew of 30 Rock for their Outstanding Comedy Series award, and America Ferrera for her Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. Not only are they well deserved awards, but it meant a Desperate Housewives shut-out. My night, it is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment