Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame...

I went to the Vancouver Canadians baseball game at Nat Bailey last night, and I'm writing to urge all of you to take in a game before the season ends. It's a wonderful experience, but I was saddened by the poor attendance-less than 3,000 people.

If you haven't attended a game recently, it's very inexpensive. A grandstand seat costs less than a movie ticket, and a box seat is about $20. And if you don't like beer and hot dogs, you can purchase sushi! There's even a sushi race during the game. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out!

In last night's game, the Vancouver pitcher STRUCK OUT 7 BATTERS IN A ROW! I'd never seen anything quite like it. He struck out 12 batters in 5 1/2 innings. Even if you don't like baseball, you had to be impressed. He left the game after giving up his first hit.

There are quite a few games left. You can check out the schedule on-line. I urge you to attend before the season ends. It's a terrific evening...or, if you prefer, there's a nooner on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment