Saturday, February 7, 2009

An Afflicted Playlist for 7 February

Rather than reading another word about a certain DIY filmmaker whose films I find to be repellent, here's my current playlist of songs making the rounds on my iPod. I suppose it may be too somber for everyone's tastes, but this is how I'd prefer to spend my sleepless night.

01. Grizzly Bear - Don't Ask
02. Cocteau Twins - Half-Gifts
03. Blonde Redhead - Elephant Woman
04. Fleet Foxes - Blue Ridge Mountains
05. This Mortal Coil - The Jeweller (with vocals by Dominic Appleton from Breathless)
06. Slowdive - Blue Skied an' Clear
07. Deerhunter - Agoraphobia
08. Portishead - It's a Fire
09. The Verve - Beautiful Mind
10. Tom Waits - Alice
11. M83 - Run into Flowers
12. PJ Harvey - Dear Darkness
13. The Meeting Places - On Our Own
14. My Bloody Valentine - Don't Ask Why
15. Sonic Youth - Disconnection Notice
16. CocoRosie - South 2nd
17. Neutral Milk Hotel - April 8th
18. Stereolab - Super Falling Star
19. The Radio Dept. - The Worst Taste in Music
20. José González - Hand on Your Heart (which is a Kylie Minogue cover in case you weren't aware)

I had to forgo placing Slowdive's "Erik's Song," as I couldn't find it on youtube or playlist.com (I substituted it with the ever-reliable "Blue Skied an' Clear"), and I apologize for some of the stupid visuals that accompany a few of the songs. I wish there were a better way to go about it, but I'd rather not get in trouble for posting mp3s of all the songs. And, yes, this is really how I've been feeling lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment