Friday, May 21, 2010

Meet me at the Fair: Shanghai Expo 2010



The first time I visited Shanghai was in December 2005 with my family en route to Thailand. I was absolutely amazed by what I discovered, and happened to come across the Urban Planning pavilion promoting the 2010 World's Fair. I vowed to return, all being well.

On Saturday I am leaving Vancouver for two weeks in Shanghai. I will be accompanied by James Lee, a mid-Pacific architect I met 35 years ago while I was at CMHC, who now divides his time between Shanghai and Vancouver. I plan to record my observations on this blog, and in a series of articles I will be writing for the Vancouver Sun.

If you have friends or acquaintenances in Shanghai who you think I should meet, please let me know. Also, if you have been to the fair and have any suggestions, I would welcome these as well.

I am loading up on cameras and hard drives to record as much as I can. I look forward to sharing what I find with you. I am expecting the fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment