Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Studio 4-Shaw TV with Fanny Kiefer

I started the day by having a very pretty young girl try to remove the shine from my forehead. She needed a lot of 'anti-shine' powder, but eventually she had been in shape for a repeat appearance on the Fanny Kiefer show. I was flattered to be invited back....it's not always that I'm invited back! Today I appeared before a biologist discussing 'sick seas', and a very elegant lady from Toronto who was promoting her cook book...

Tuesday April 6

President, The Geller Group Michael Geller The Future of Cities
and
Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology & Immunology @ UBC Dr. Steven Hallam The Science of Ocean Dead Zones
plus
Nutritional Consultant, Canadian School of Natural Nutrition Rose Reisman Favourite Family Recipes


For those of you who don't watch the show, here's an excerpt from the website:

Studio 4 with Fanny Kiefer is an hour of compelling conversation about the arts, politics, social issues and everything in between, featuring guests from Vancouver and around the world.

It is a delight to be interviewed by Fanny. She is very relaxed, inquisitive, and not afraid to express her views. She started the interview by telling me I had been invited since she heard me being interviewed on the CBC's Early Edition while driving to work. While my focus was the future of cities, we spent a bit of time talking about the housing choices people want and can hopefully expect in the future....fee simple row houses, and apartments designed for children, close to schools and urban amenities. We also discussed the features that make some housing more suitable for seniors....bathrooms with medicine cabinets and drawers, two 'master bedrooms', kitchens with eating areas, storage, and large open spaces with lots of light. We also discussed the importance of lighting, especially near closets.

The time went by much too quickly....just as I was starting to feel quite comfortable, it was over...but hopefully one day I'll be invited back to continue the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment