Sunday, November 1, 2009

Philippe Grandreiux's Un lac Makes Its North American Premiere 2 November

So I kind of ignored the AFI Film Festival line-up, expecting that it'd follow along the lines of all the year's previous fests, but to my surprise, I found that Philippe Grandrieux's Un lac [A Lake] will be making its North American premiere, after its official unveiling at last year's Venice Film Festival, on 2 November. Grandrieux is such a difficult filmmaker that it's easy to understand why only one of his films have made it stateside, even if it's frustrating to think so. He's brave and cinematic, which makes the fact that I've seen his two previous films, Sombre and La vie nouvelle, on home video so irritating. Though I haven't seen Un lac, I would recommend those in LA to check it out based solely on his previous films, and if you do, let me know how it stands up.

No comments:

Post a Comment