Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh, yeah, those awards....

I almost forgot the Golden Globes were tonight, and as usual, I don't really care... however, as I have a little work poll going with my friend Mike, here are my picks (and I'm no authority on the Globes by any means, and these aren't necessarily the ones I want to win). Film nominations here; film and TV here.

Picture (Drama): The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Picture (Musical or Comedy): Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Director: Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire)
Actor (Drama): Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler)
Actress (Drama): Kate Winslet (Revolutionary Road)
Actor (M/C): Dustin Hoffman (Last Chance Harvey)
Actress (M/C): Sally Hawkins (Happy-Go-Lucky)
Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
Supporting Actress: Penélope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona)
Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire)
Animated Film: WALL·E
Foreign Film: Waltz with Bashir

TV (Drama): Mad Men
TV (Comedy): 30 Rock
Mini-series or Made-for-TV movie: John Adams
Actor (Mini-series or Made-for-TV movie): Paul Giamatti (John Adams)
Actress (Mini-series or Made-for-TV movie): Laura Linney (John Adams)
Actor (Comedy): David Duchovony (Californication)
Actress (Comedy): Tina Fey (30 Rock)
Actor (Drama): John Hamm (Mad Men)
Actress (Drama): Anna Paquin (True Blood)

As for the supporting actor TV categories, I have no clue, but you know my fingers are crossed for either Laura Dern or Rachel Griffiths (even though I don't watch that show she's in).

No comments:

Post a Comment