Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hawkmonkey PWNs Puppet Angel

It was my birthday recently, and Canyon got me the best present ever: Hawkmonkey!


She gave a custom order to a craftsperson on Etsy called Siansburys, who makes incredible sock monkeys, many of which are of her own design, and some of which are based on established pop culture icons (I especially like her Captain Jack Sparrow Monkey).


Canyon, being an awesome wife who has had to put up with a lot of my nonsense about what an awesome asskicking megahero my beloved Hawkman is, has outdone herself, and Siansburys, whose designs are all wonderful, has astounded us with the enormous skill, attention to detail, and adaptive imagination on display here (the packaging was wonderful too). Zoe, on the other hand, is not so pleased.


I love this photo Canyon took this morning, of two crimefighters contemplating the world they are about to clean up using fangs, fists, and a big mace.


The only downside to this wonderful present is that some unscrupulous, awesomeness-hating creeps might come to my house one day and put Hawkmonkey in some kind of compromising position not befitting his majestic splendour. If you think I'm being unduly paranoid, there is a precedent.


I'd only had those action figures a couple of days, dammit! To be fair, one of the criminals responsible for that tableau did get me two Wire boxsets this week, which are greatly greatly appreciated, though I do worry that the Wire cultists are now getting so desperate for new blood that they are buying DVDs for the rest of us. Plus, nice work spotting that Hawkman is so totally a top.

No comments:

Post a Comment